All businesses make purchases of one kind or another whether it is raw materials or simply office supplies. Understand purchasing and stock control – manage this asset and free valuable capital.
RECIPE FOR SUCCESS INGREDIENT CARD
How to Protect Your Food Business eGuide
How to protect your food business?
All businesses make purchases of one kind or another whether it is food, beverages, kitchen equipment, dining room furniture, etc or simply office supplies. Over-investing in stock is a frequent cause of business failure. If stock ties up large amounts of capital, it means there is less money available to pay creditors, meet operating expenses or for other capital needs. Stock levels that are too high can lead to a cash crisis and liquidity problem.
Do you know…
- when purchasing stock what, how much and when to order? How to place and check orders?
- the advantages and disadvantages of bulk buying?
- the advantages and disadvantages of buying smaller quantities?
- the simple five-prong purchasing strategy?
- the step by step procedure to be followed when receiving stock?
- when dealing with suppliers on how to find, choose and negotiate with suppliers? How to prepare a Product Specification Form?
- how to develop your own system for quality control of food and non-food commodities?
- what steps to take to improve risk management and reduce pilferage, wastage, or damage to your business?
How did you do? Be honest! If you answered NO to any of the above questions, then download a copy of:
Quality Control to Reduce Wastage