Hiring a new member of staff can help you run and build your business, but it also brings additional responsibilities. If you are taking on an employee for the first time it is important to understand the main legal responsibilities, together with the recruitment, selection, induction and training process.
RECIPE FOR SUCCESS INGREDIENT CARD
How to Find Your Dream Team eGuide
How to recruit the right staff?
Employees are your most valuable asset and in the majority of cases, represent your greatest costs, so it’s important for your business to hire the right people. This is particularly the case in a food business, where there are fewer individuals to assume the many roles involved in business operations.
The quality of your employees makes the difference between success and failure. It is important to remember that it is not what you do, but what your staff do and how well, that determines the success of the business.
Do you know…
- how to write a Job Analysis and Job Description?
- costs associated with employing new restaurant staff?
- the type of employee most suited to your needs?
- the methods of advertising the position?
- how to select the most suitable person for the position?
- understand the process of induction and training?
- know the legal requirements relating to employing new restaurant staff?
- understand the risks involved in working in the food industry?
How did you do? Be honest! Did you answer NO to any of the above questions,
then download a copy of:
‘How to Find Your Dream Team’ eGuide
Get the most out of your staff.