Consideration must be given to listing and ordering as necessary the catering function rental equipment and other special requests required for the catering function.
RECIPE FOR SUCCESS INGREDIENT CARDS
Ingredient 4: Organise Stress-Free Functions
What does catering function rental equipment consist of?
To ensure the minimum of time spent on preparing for a function on an actual day, consideration must be given to listing and ordering as necessary the equipment and other special requests required for the function.
When choosing a rental company it is important to consider:
- Should have large stock.
- Wide range of prices.
- Tasteful styles of dishes, glasses, cutlery and accessories.
- Stock in good condition.
- Reliable and prompt delivery and pick-up service.
- Seven days a week availability
- Other equipment such as tables, tablecloths, chairs, large coffee-makers and portable ovens. Also major equipment such as tents and dance floors.
- Will they offer a discount?
Some of the advantages of renting equipment include:
- The right amount of equipment.
- Right quality for the right occasion.
- Hours of dishwashing time saved.
- No fear of valuable pieces being lost or broken.
- Storage of equipment between jobs
- No heavy lifting
- Valuable money is not tied up in equipment.
When ordering any rental items they must be in writing and will include the quantity, item description, unit price, total price, a date for delivery, a place for delivery and payment terms and conditions clearly specified.
Rental equipment may consist of:
- Service equipment
- Dance floor, stage, cat-walk, dais, lectern other special needs as applicable.
- Menus, place cards, name tags, invitations, brochures, etc. (Ensure that the organiser proofreads and approves the master copy prior to printing in quantity).
- Typing, duplicating, recording, telephone and other facilities, as available/applicable.
- Public relations, press release, radio/TV coverage, etc. (only with the organiser’s approval).
- Extra facilities:
- Accommodation, change-rooms, car parking, etc. (check also for special weight, size, owner requirements, etc for special exhibits and/or demonstrations). Construction of a stage for the concert.
- Erecting a catwalk and providing dressing rooms for a fashion show.
- Preparing a head table for the wedding party.
- Fitting out a dance floor and stage or providing an area for the DJ.
- Requiring an elaborate lighting system for a cookery presentation
- Constructing a focus point from which to launch a product.
- Providing a range of audio visual equipment for a presentation and organising a suitable layout
- Providing a suitable layout for a trade show, such as a bridal show with booths, stalls, lighting, catwalk, etc.
- Photographer, hire cars, flowers, special décor, wedding (or other) cakes, etc.
Want to learn more about how to coordinate memorable functions?
Download a copy of
for ONLY $15.99
For a low investment, download a copy of How to Organise Stress-Free Functions eGuide. This eGuide is easy to read with lots of examples, case studies, tips, and activities…knowhow you can use in your own business immediately. This eGuide is delivered online, so you can access it from your computer at a time convenient to you.
Do You Want to Become Your Own Boss This Year? Make It Happen!
Don’t wait…your dream starts today:
for only $15.99.